News & Updates
April 5, 2018
Adaptive icons are icons that can adapt their appearance to any shape. This new format has been introduced only recently with Android 8.0 Oreo.
In order to see Adaptive Icons on your device, you must fulfill 3 requirements.
– Your device must run Android 8.0 or higher
– Your launcher must support Adaptive icons
– The app developer must have included an adaptive icon in its app.
The new Smart Launcher 5 supports the new format but it also does something more. It opens Adaptive Icons to any Android device running Android 4.0 or higher. Some other launchers claim to do something similar requiring the download of a special icon pack.
Smart Launcher 5 instead empowers your device with truly native support for Adaptive Icons (and for free). This means you will be able to see an app Adaptive Icons as it was intended by its developer.
You can download Smart Launcher 5 using this link
June 21, 2017
Smart Launcher 3.25.35 has been released just few days ago. It ships two hidden features that can be easily enabled following few steps.
– Open Smart Launcher Preferences;
– Scroll to the bottom, then perform a long press on Version Info. A new menu Developer Options will appear;
– Enter in Developer Options, then enable Adaptive notification color to make your notifications look like picture 2 or No text notification to get something similar to picture 3. Of course you can enable both the result in picture 4, a perfect Android O styled badge!